ZIO Config is a ZIO-based library and act as an extension to core library ZIO's
Let's enumerate some key features of this library:
- Support for Various Sources — It can read flat or nested configurations. Thanks to
- Automatic Document Generation — It can auto-generate documentation of configurations.
- Automatic Derivation — It has built-in support for automatic derivation of readers and writers for case classes and sealed traits.
- Type-level Constraints and Automatic Validation — because it supports Refined types, we can write type-level predicates which constrain the set of values described for data types.
- Descriptive Errors — It accumulates all errors and reports all of them to the user rather than failing fast.
- Integrations — Integrations with a variety of libraries
If you are only interested in automatic derivation of configuration, find the details here
In order to use this library, we need to add the following line in our
libraryDependencies += "dev.zio" %% "zio-config" % "<version>"
Let's add these four lines to our
build.sbt file as we are using these modules in our examples:
libraryDependencies += "dev.zio" %% "zio-config" % "<version>" libraryDependencies += "dev.zio" %% "zio-config-magnolia" % "<version>" libraryDependencies += "dev.zio" %% "zio-config-typesafe" % "<version>" libraryDependencies += "dev.zio" %% "zio-config-refined" % "<version>"
There are many examples in here
Learn more on the ZIO Config homepage!
For the general guidelines, see ZIO contributor's guide.
Code of Conduct
See the Code of Conduct