Project has moved
Reasons for handing over ownership
I had been neglecting Ficus for several reasons:
- At work we use knobs
- I am a bit oversubscribed on open source projects
- Ficus scratched an itch when I first wrote it, but if I were to write it again right now, I would approach it differently.
- I would represent errors explicitly in the types (currently it throws exceptions, which can be handy, but I would want an alternative).
- I would use Shapeless to derive readers instead of a macro. At the time, the macro was necessary to use default values on classes, but Shapeless now provides full support for this.
- I think I would end up writing a
shapeless-knobsmicro library that simply provides Shapeless-derived Configured instances.
Having said that, I know there are a number of people that are happily using Ficus. So I'm quite thankful and happy that a team at iHeartRadio has adopted it.