Provides distributed tracing for Play Framework using Zipkin. It makes possible to trace HTTP calls between Play based microservices easily without performance degradation.
- Akka 2.5.x (Zipkin1 and Zipkin2 support are available)
- Play 2.7 (Zipkin1 and Zipkin2 support are available)
How to run sample projects
- Start Zipkin
$ curl -sSL https://zipkin.io/quickstart.sh | bash -s $ java -jar zipkin.jar
- Run zipkin-api-play27 project
$ cd sample/zipkin-api-play27 $ sbt run
- Run zipkin-api-play24 project
$ git checkout 1.2.0 -- sample/zipkin-api-play24 $ cd sample/zipkin-api-play24 $ sbt run
- Hit http://localhost:9991/nest in some way
$ curl http://localhost:9991/nest
Then you can see traced data on Zipkin UI (http://localhost:9411/zipkin) as:
All artifacts publish to the group ID "io.zipkin.brave.play". We use a common release version for all components.
Snapshots are uploaded to Sonatype after commits to master.