This service provides information about scala library dependencies across the platform.
Used by the catalogue-frontend service deployments page.
How it works
The service gathers the following information:
Dependencies from SBT build files read from github
- Covers all HMRC repos, including services, libraries, prototypes
- Limited to an allow-list of dependencies, doesn't cover transitive
- Only shows the dependencies from the main branch
Dependencies included in a Slug
- Covers all services that generate a slug
- Includes all runtime dependencies used by service, including transitive
- Shows dependencies across different releases of slug, not just latest
The Latest version found for any of the allow-listed dependencies
- This is looked up periodically from Artifactory
- It will be included in the dependencies returned for a Slug or Github repository. Identifying if the repositories dependencies are out of date.
The slug metadata updater is configured:
repositoryDependencies.slugJob.enabled # enable polling of service deployments and updating of slug metadata repositoryDependencies.slugJob.interval # delay between polling service deployments
The latest version parser is configured:
dependencyVersionsReload.scheduler.enabled # disable refreshing the latest version for the allow-listed dependencies dependencyVersionsReload.scheduler.interval # delay between refresh
As well as the configured scheduler, a refresh of the latest version for allow-listed dependencies can be initiated with:
This code is open source software licensed under the Apache 2.0 License