Idiomatic Cron expression parsing in Scala and ScalaJS.
Please, take a look at the user guide for instructions on how to use this library. The remaining of this section will be focused on information for other developers.
cron4s is built using SBT:
git clone https://github.com/alonsodomin/cron4s
The user documentation is built/generated using
sbt-microsites and requires Jekyll to be installed in the local machine. To generate and browse the latest docs from master follow these steps from the project's root folder:
Then make your browser point to http://127.0.0.1:4000/cron4s and that's all.
cron4s is cross-built and published for several versions of Scala. The different set of versions are configured in the
build.sbt file in the
crossScalaVersions setting. We use the SBT Github Actions plugin to generate Github Actions workflows that are in sync with what has been specified in the
Supporting additional Scala versions is a matter of adding a new version to that setting and then make the codebase compile against it whilst preserving backwards compatibility. The easiest way to check that compatibility is triggering a cross build with SBT:
When making changes to the
build.sbt file, it is highly recommended to run the
sbt githubWorkflowGenerate command to ensure that the Github Actions workflows are based on the latest updates.
There is some sort of automation configured in this repository to ease the management of some tedious or repetitive tasks:
- Version upgrades: The Scala Steward will be producing pull requests with version upgrades of this library dependencies.
- Auto-merge: Mergify is installed in this repo to do auto-merge of pull requests that meet a given criteria. This said criteria can be modified in the .mergify at the project's root folder.
- CI Release: A Github Actions workflow has been configured, not just to build the project, but also to be able to release to Maven Central with minimal user interaction. Pushing a tag in the repo with the version number will sign and publish such a release in Maven Central, non-tagged commits to
masterwill be published as
This is a non-exhaustive list of other open source projects and libraries that use or are somewhat related to Cron4s. If you have a library that depends on Cron4s you could add it here:
- fs2-cron: Create pure functional streams that emit elements based on a given cron schedule.
- pureconfig-cron4s: Cron expression parsing support in configuration files.
Code Of Conduct
See the Code of Conduct.
Copyright 2017 Antonio Alonso Dominguez
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.